- Keep bookmarks on Xmarks server correct at all times; Xmarks offers more control.
- On Mac Chrome/Firefox, UPLOAD good bookmarks to Xmarks server.
- Guard this TREASURE.
- Bookmarks on iPhone/iPad were all messed up, because iCloud bookmarks were all messed up.
- Bookmarks on desktop Chrome / Firefox / Safari were all good, thanks to Xmarks.
- There seemed to be no way to delete the messed up bookmarks on iCloud.
- On iPhone/iPad, turn OFF iCloud/Safari syncing and DELETE local (messed up) bookmarks.
- On Mac System Preferences, turn OFF iCloud/Safari syncing.
- On Mac Safari, DELETE ALL BOOKMARKS.
- On Mac Safari, use Xmarks for Safari to DOWNLOAD good bookmarks from Xmarks server.
- On Mac System Preferences, turn ON iCloud/Safari syncing.
- Good ["fresh-looking" imported from Xmarks] Mac Safari bookmarks should propagate to iCloud.
- If you see on Mac Safari messed up bookmarks:
- Delete Safari bookmarks, go back to 2nd step and retry.
- You aren't winning until the Mac Safari bookmarks stay OK after iCloud is re-enabled.
- Go back to 1st step and retry.
- You haven't won until the iPhone/iPad Safari bookmarks stay OK after iCloud is re-enabled.